Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dun play doctor with me

When I call ur clinic to check the prescription, this obviously means that I have a problem.

When I identify myself as the pharmacist and informs u that ur patient came here with a prescription written by ur doc, this obviously means that I hav a problem that I need to check w the doc NOW.

When I read the patient's name to you, I expect you to pick out the correct patient card and pass it to the doctor...

... AND NOT PLAY DOCTOR YOURSELF.

The clinic assistant or the nurse here obviously mistaken me as retarded pharmacist instead of the pissed pharmacist bcos the prescription is so damn easy to read. This is what she said:

"It says 10 boxes of Estradiol valerate here wah!"

"I know, but 1mg or 2mg?"

"oh, u mean there is 1mg and 2mg..."

"Yes, that is why I called to check."

"Juz give the 2mg one."

Oh, juz give the 2mg one. Who do u think u r? Can U make the call here?

"U said 2mg bcos the doctor has WRITTEN DOWN 2mg on the card or he has INSTRUCTED you to give 2mg?"

She is dumbfounded.. She shd be..

This is not the first time clinic assistants have attempt to decide on the strength or dosing of the medicine without the knowledge of their doctor and im sure this is definitely not my last encounter w such audacity.

Fine..., if u wan to play doctor w me, better make sure u have a valid medical practicing cert... Bcos if u DUN, Im sure u dun wan to play with the PISSED PHARMACIST.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its really irritating how you say "dun" instead of "don't". Your grammar and punctuation are also really terrible.

Anonymous said...

dun play doctor with me

Katie said...

It is amazing but happens everyday. In the area where I work, doctors and dentists CONSTANTLY underdose childrens antibiotics.
A dentist receptionist told my Pharmacist to 'just give' 250mg instead of 125mg of Amoxicillin mixture because the dentist 'won't care' :S
Turns out, he did, but was looking in the normal BNF not the paediatric, and insisted on the 125mg not the 250mg out of stubbornness but it was too late by then. This is because doctors and dentists also think they can ring back a pharmacy whenever they can be arsed, but the truth is, customers barely wait 10 minutes let alone wait an hour for the doctor/dentist to get their arse into gear. Argh!

Chemist said...

Funny post. Dun play Doctor with me. It seems like you are very frustrated by your job.

RK CLOTHING DESIGNS said...

hello buddy how are you dear i read your comment it's great i like it dear i learn alot of things from your comment i hope everyone likes your post dear thanx for this information.
Zithromax

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my first go to see at
this website, and post is genuinely fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types
of posts.

Also visit my website: ladies wigs

Unknown said...

Thnks for sharing this website..It is very usefull to us.
Visit psisoftwares

Mark Wahlberg said...

haha... you sure sound like one pissed pharmacist!

Mark
from Pharmacy Forums

Buy Medicine online said...

Hey,
You make such a large number of extraordinary focuses here that I read your article two or three times. Your perspectives are as per my own generally. This is extraordinary substance for your perusers.
Order cheap enclofert 50mg
Order cheap malegra oral jelly

Gina said...

Use this online service http://www.rxcouponcodes.com/pharmacies/1-pharm-com/. They sell without prescription.

SAVE ME!!! ANYONE!!!

SAVE ME!!! ANYONE!!!