Monday, October 8, 2007

Give me the best!

A customer came to me for earplugs today,

"give me the best" he said...

How do u define the best? I asked...


The most expensive ones? The water proof ones? The foam ones or the mouldable ones? The ones that can be reused, or boiled? The ones that claim to prevent ear infections or the cheapest ones are the best ones?

I guess it depends on each individual.. right?

Many customers has asked me this very question many times since my first day as a pharmacist.

Which is the best? Panadol or Biogesic

Which is the best? danzen or leftose

Which is the best? Ketotop or kefentech

Which is the best hair color?

Which is the best muscle rub?

Which is the best eyedrops?

My obligation as an ethical pharmacist tells me that i should say something like:

"Well.. It really depends on each individual, it might suit someone well but not so much in you"

But of course like all mean customers, you muz break my heart by saying:
"
u mean you dunno lah"

But it IS true, I really Dun.

I dunno how you may respond to each and every different product. U may have a different reaction as compared to ur twin brother even when both of u idiots take the same thing.

Furious pharmacist has a better reaction to lysozyme but serratiopeptiase works better on me. If you ask me which is better for sore throat, how shd i reply you? It also depends on many many other factors. The very same product may work for you in the first time but not the second time.. Now, there is no point getting mad at me juz becos i said it depends individually, u hav to try it urself.

Most pple thought that the best medicine means the strongest medicine.

So does BEST medicine = STRONGEST medicine? Mebe...

But usually STRONGEST medicine = many SIDE EFFECTS.. So

BEST medicine = many SIDE EFFECTS... Hmm... probably

But now, I dun really give a damn anymore... Becos i had enough.

Which one is the best?

The most expensive one.... of course

1 comment:

Do said...

next time you should ask them what would they choose between weed and cocain? :)) and by their answer give them what they need :p

SAVE ME!!! ANYONE!!!

SAVE ME!!! ANYONE!!!