Monday, August 20, 2007

Whats the BIG idea abt Allergies?

I really want to know the answer to the question up there...

The thing abt allergies is that one cant tell... and when i say one cant tell, i meant that the pharmacist CANNOT tell you whether YOU are allergic to this particular medicine or not, if u hav nvr taken it b4 in ur entire lifetime. You, however, would have the answer tho.. or at least in the near future. Its not really my fault when I wun be able to tell you if this medicine will close up ur airways and potentially shut u up forever. I dun really hav an allergic test kit that comes with every medicine on the shelves nor a crystal ball that comes with every operating pharmacy... All i hav are my references like MIMS, Mantindale and DIH and I cant seem to find a sentence in red in any of them stating: Caution, Mr Jackass is allergic to this, refrain fr dispensing. All I can tell you is that drug allergies are for ME to KNOW and YOU to FIND OUT.

So shoo.. go and find out. Do u even know how ridiculously stupid u sound when u asked me: Will this medicine cause allergies? Especially when its an antihistamine, a medicine for allergies. (u really got me there) Or when u tell me u r allergic to this becos u get gastric after takin it. Or when u insist that i give u something mild becos u r allergic to strong medicine... duh... At this point of time, i can only tell u that i am allergic to u becos i can almost feel my throat closing up and my brain is going to the state of comatose due to the lack of intelligence contact...

I tink the best answer a pharmacist can get to the question of allergies would be: I know Im allergic to something but I forgot what is that. Well, in that case, I hope the medicine u r about to take can refresh ur memory.

Btw, if u do get an allergy reaction, irregardless of whether if its juz a simple rash that covers u fr head to toe or the worst kind like an anaphylactic shock, sad to inform u that neither the pharmacist nor the doctor will be responsible unless u hav specifically told us that u r allergic to the medicine we gave you b4 hand. Hah, in your FACE!


So rem the next time when a healthcare professional ask u if u r allergic to anything, it means we are interested in knowing if u r allergic to any MEDICINE and we dun give a damn abt ur mother's cat and the best answer to that question if u hav none, would be: Not that I know of.

I rest my case.

1 comment:

dana said...

regardless regardless

SAVE ME!!! ANYONE!!!

SAVE ME!!! ANYONE!!!